Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
Yottabrick is currently run by a single person. It is a personal project to practice their web development skills, along with finding the best prices on LEGO® sets for themselves and any other fan of LEGO®
- Our websites (including yottabrick.com, pab.yottabrick.com, uk.yottabrick.com and us.yottabrick.com)
- Emails that are sent to you from our websites
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We only ask for your email address when you sign up for an account on our Services.
- Watchlist: You select which LEGO® Sets you want on your watchlist.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you create or make changes to your Watchlist on uk.yottabrick.com.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we record the date you add a LEGO® Set to your Watchlist, and this is only recorded so we can provide updates on pricing information when sending your price alert emails.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We collect no information about you from other sources.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Yottabrick and others, which may result in us declining the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Yottabrick and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Yottabrick and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users, and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
- The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account--for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information--for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
- You have given us your consent--for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not share or sell our users’ private personal information.
Information Shared Publicly
We do not publically share any private personal information.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it--which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information--and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of Yottabrick's websites, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to Yottabrick's websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
We use passwordless authentication which means we do not store any password for your account, instead when you register, or login, to one of our Services you receive an email with link which will log you in. The link expires either when you log in, or within 5 minutes of being generated.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: You do not have to signup to use the website, the price information is available freely.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Yottabrick's websites, with the drawback that certain features of Yottabrick's websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to yours personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can contact us regarding this on our contact form.
Controllers and Responsible Companies
Yottabrick's Services are worldwide, Yottabrick are the sole controller of personal information, which means that they are the group responsible for processing that information.
How to Reach Us
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others